Norfolk Compaction Day - We Need Your Help!
We seeking specific pieces of equipment for which we would like to evaluate its impact on compaction on sand - Deadline for Equipment is Event Date is Thursday August 3, 2023
Please review the list below to see if you are able to contribute from your equipment lineup. If there is something that you would like to see that we have not captured in the list, please reach out and we will see if there is space to include it in the testing. Email Michael Vanhie at firstname.lastname@example.org with the piece(s) you would like to bring.
Please note a couple of conditions about volunteering your equipment for compaction testing.
1. Initial testing will occur on Aug 1st and 2nd, so please have your equipment at the site on Aug 1.
2. At this point, the Compaction Team cannot predict the results from the equipment that would be worth showing to the audience on Compaction Day. Therefore, many pieces of equipment will be tested on the preliminary days but only a handful with noteworthy results will be presented on the actual event day of August 3rd. If you donate equipment, we ask that you please leave it at the site until the event is complete in case the committee decides to include your equipment on show day. If it is not included on show day, we will still have data to share with the equipment owner.
3. Equipment is meant to be evaluated with a full load. Be aware that if your equipment has some type of hopper, it will be filled (either with product or some type of weight to mimic the load).
4. If you volunteer equipment, rest assured we will have a security guard monitoring the equipment overnight to deter thefts.
5. Our event volunteers will be driving equipment 1.5 km down the road between the weigh station and the test site. Unfortunately, we cannot obtain insurance on the equipment through our insurance provider, so if you are concerned your current policy will not cover this event please opt for more coverage. Again, unfortunately, this will be at your expense, though keep in mind you will receive valuable data for equipment specific to your operation.
Self propelled sprayer with skinny and fat tires
Sprayer with CTIS
Pull type fertilizer spreader
16 row centre fill planter
16 row box style planter
Grain buggy with tracks
Grain buggy with singles
Tractor with duals
Tractor with singles
Loader tractor with floatation tires
Tractor with CTIS